S.1564 - Protecting Those Who Protected Us Act of 2013113th Congress (2013-2014)
Summary: S.1564 — 113th Congress (2013-2014)
Introduced in Senate (09/30/2013)
Protecting Those Who Protected Us Act of 2013 - Appropriates for FY2014, out of any money in the Treasury not otherwise appropriated, for any period during which interim or full-year appropriations for FY2014 are not in effect, such sums as are necessary to administer and provide benefits and services to veterans, dependents, and survivors under specified veterans' benefits laws, including those concerning:
- compensation for service-connected disability or death,
- dependency and indemnity compensation for service-connected deaths,
- pension for non-service-connected disability or death or for service,
- benefits for children of certain veterans,
- specially adapted housing for disabled veterans,
- burial benefits,
- certain educational assistance programs,
- training and rehabilitation for veterans with service-connected disabilities, and
- automobiles and adaptive equipment for certain disabled veterans and members of the Armed Forces.
Makes appropriations and funds made available and authority granted pursuant to this Act available until whichever of the following first occurs: (1) enactment of an appropriation (including a continuing appropriation) for any purpose for which amounts are made available by this Act, (2) enactment of the applicable regular or continuing appropriations resolution or other Act without any appropriation for such purpose, or (3) January 1, 2015.