H.R.2528 - To establish a task force in the Department of Veterans Affairs to assess the retention and training of claims processors.113th Congress (2013-2014)
Summary: H.R.2528 — 113th Congress (2013-2014)
Introduced in House (06/26/2013)
Directs the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to establish a task force to assess retention and training of claims processors and adjudicators that are employed by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and other federal agencies.
Directs the task force to:
- identify key skills required by claims processors and adjudicators throughout the federal government;
- identify reasons for employee attrition from claims processing positions;
- develop a government-wide strategic and operational plan for promoting employment of veterans in claims processing positions;
- establish performance measures to assess such plan and its implementation and revise such plan as appropriate;
- coordinate with educational institutions to develop training and educational programs to prepare members of the Armed Forces for such employment;
- identify and coordinate offices of the Department of Defense (DOD) and the VA to provide information about, and promotion of, available claims processing positions to members of the Armed Forces transitioning to civilian life and to veterans with disabilities; and
- establish performance measures to evaluate the task force's effectiveness.