H.R.2455 - Nevada Native Nations Lands Act113th Congress (2013-2014)
Summary: H.R.2455 — 113th Congress (2013-2014)
Introduced in House (06/20/2013)
Nevada Native Nations Lands Act - Directs the Secretary of the Interior to convey to Elko County, Nevada, for fair market value, approximately 275 acres of land managed by the Bureau of Land Management (BLM), Elko District, Nevada, and depicted as Elko Motocross Park on an Elko Motocross Park map. Requires the land conveyed to be used only: (1) as a motocross, bicycle, off-highway vehicle, or stock car racing area; or (2) for any other public purpose consistent with the Recreation and Public Purposes Act.
Holds approximately 373 acres of BLM administered land in trust for the Te-moak Tribe of Western Shoshone Indians of Nevada. Makes such land part of the Tribe's reservation. Prohibits class II or III gaming on such land. Limits the use of such land to: (1) traditional and customary uses, (2) stewardship conservation for the benefit of the Tribe, and (3) residential or recreational development. Requires the Tribe to pay the Secretary of the Interior the fair market value of any portion of such land used for another purpose.
Holds approximately 19,094.16 acres of land located near highway 95 south of McDermitt, Nevada, in Humboldt County, Nevada, in trust for the Fort McDermitt Paiute and Shoshone Tribe of the Fort McDermitt Indian Reservation. Makes such land part of the Tribe's reservation. Directs the Indian Claims Commission to determine the extent to which the beneficial interest of that land should be set off against any claim the Tribe has against the United States.
Holds in trust the following lands:
- for the Shoshone-Paiute Tribes of the Duck Valley Indian Reservation, approximately 82.2 acres of National Forest System land in Owyhee, Nevada;
- for the Summit Lake Paiute Tribe, approximately 880 acres of land depicted as "Reservation Conveyance Lands" on a Summit Lake Indian Reservation Conveyance map;
- for the South Fork Band Council, approximately 26,278 acres of land depicted as "Reservation Expansion Lands" on a South Fork Indian Reservation Expansion map;
- for the Reno-Sparks Indian Colony, approximately 11,180 acres of land depicted as "Colony Expansion Lands" on a Reno-Sparks Indian Colony Expansion map; and
- for the Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe, approximately 24,054 acres of land depicted as "Reservation Expansion Lands BLM Only" on a Pyramid Lake Indian Reservation Expansion map.